Consultations can be made 6 weeks in advance and are by appointment.
You can make an appointment in person, through our online service at https://patient.emisaccess.co.uk or by telephoning 01608 661845.
If your medical condition is urgent and cannot wait until the next available routine appointment then reception will take your name and telephone number and the Duty Doctor will telephone you back within the hour. The Doctor may:
- Give you telephone advice or prescribe medication for you if they feel that is needed
- Offer you an appointment later on the same day if required
- Offer you an appointment later that week
We have found that triaging calls in this manner allows us to see those with a clinically urgent need more quickly. If your need is urgent then please call as early as possible.
Please follow these guidelines:
- If you are unable to keep your appointment or you no longer need it, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer the appointment to someone else.
- Ensure that you notify us of any change of address / telephone number.
- Our receptionist may well require some information from you to decide how best to help you. They may suggest you speak to a doctor to discuss your problems.
When you dial our main number you will be asked to choose from the following options
Please note that if you require an urgent appointment you should select option 2 for appointments and not option 1.
If you want to speak to your doctor, please ask reception for this. They will advise you when your usual Doctor is next available.
Appointments with Doctors are usually for 10 minutes. Please ask if you think you require a longer appointment.
If you are expecting an appointment with a specialist at a hospital, please read this leaflet to find out who to contact.