The Self Care Forum has produced a series of factsheets aimed at providing information to patients on how to self-manage common conditions and when to seek medical help.
Download the factsheets below for useful facts and helpful advice on each condition:
Common colds in adults
Coughs in adults
Fever in children
Headache and migraine
Heartburn and indigestion
Sprains and strains
Urine symptoms in men
Ear Care Advice
Advice for taking extra care whilst cleaning your ears:
• Wipe the outer ear with a washcloth or tissue.
• Do not put anything into your ear smaller than your elbow.
• Do not use cotton buds or sharp pointed objects to clean your ears. These objects may injure the ear canal or eardrum.
• Earwax is the ear’s mechanism for self-cleaning and is a normal process.
• If you experience itching or pain in your ears, consult your GP surgery to determine the appropriate treatment.
• If you have pierced ears, clean your earrings and earlobes regularly with rubbing alcohol.